let's end the confusion.
Recently, the Council released their new Essentials Workbook as a companion to the Essentials textbook.
This is NOT the same as the CDA Prep Workbook.
Here are some of the features of the CDA Prep Workbook that make it different...
- Budget-friendly... Can be used as a stand-alone study guide without having to purchase a $50. textbook.
- Provides step-by-step instructions for assembling the Professional Portfolio.
- Includes a helpful training hours worksheet.
- Includes a handy pouch for storing your transcripts or training certificates.
- Includes a Professional Portfolio Checklist, with helpful hints and clarification of each Resource Collection item.
- Provides easy-to-understand guidance for writing the Statements of Competence, with space for rough drafts.
- Provides space for reflecting on the Family Questionnaires responses.
- Includes an Activity Plan template to use for RC II 1-9.
- Includes an Observation Tool template to use for RC V.
- Provides Sample Questions to prepare for the CDA Exam.
- Includes the Self-Study Exercise, noted by former CDA Candidates as "the most valuable activity in preparation for the Observation."
- Includes the Professional Philosophy Exercise, taking a Candidate who has never written a philosophy statement through a series of easy-to-follow steps in order to produce a great statement for the Portfolio.
- Provides individual pages for recording important information, such as... Name & contact information of the PD Specialist; Location, date, and time of the scheduled CDA Exam, etc.
- Includes spaces to formulate answers to the questions that will be asked by the PD Specialist.
- Includes spaces to brainstorm short and long-term goals for future professional development.
- Provides information about renewing the CDA, with space to record the date your CDA expires.